The KI-DISCUS system has been designed to enable operator protection factors (and, where appropriate, product protection and cross contamination factors) to be measured for:
- Class I and Class II open-fronted microbiological safety cabinets.
- Special hybrid facilities such as carcinogen and radio-pharmaceutical cabinets.
- General purpose laboratory fume cupboards.
Unlike test methods using a micro-biological aerosol challenge the KI-DISCUS technique enables cabinets to be tested:
- With no bacterial contamination risk of the containment facility.
- With no bacterial contamination risk of the laboratory.
A further advantage of the KI-DISCUS test is that results are available within a few minutes.